What Are Cookies
You can opt out of some cookies we set in your cookie preferences.
Cookies that you cannot opt out directly via DISCO can be prevented by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
While logged in a cookie is set containing a list of all businesses you are a member of. This cookie is used to facilitate features such as allowing you to add a playlist to your DISCO while visiting another DISCO, or share your own playlists to another DISCO’s inbox page.
This cookie is deleted when the browsing session ends.
Email newsletter related cookies This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Forms related cookies When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Site preferences cookies In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
Analytics cookies Visitors to a public playlist/track page or embed will receive a session cookie to track their activity (e.g. downloads or playback). This cookie persists for two weeks and is not removed by closing the browser window.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web, for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site, the pages that you visit and the in-app actions you undertake. This information is used to improve our service. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to improve the DISCO service. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site, the pages you visit and the in-app actions you undertake, which helps us to understand how we can improve the service for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we deliver large volumes of files to many users it's important for us to understand statistics about how many visitors to our site take what actions and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to ensure the site is capable of meeting demand and performing to a high standard.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
More information about cookies used on our website
The table below details the most frequently used cookies on our website and explains their use.
|sessionid||DISCO||cookie||your-business.disco.ac||2 weeks or logout||Remember that you logged in. Save progress throughout DISCO signup. Analyze user traffic on our web site.|
|csrftoken||DISCO||cookie||your-business.disco.ac||1 year||Prevents Cross-Site Request Forgery.|
|tracking_consent_optin||DISCO||cookie||.disco.ac||1 year||Keeps cookie consent settings|
|userToken||DISCO||Local Storage||your-business.disco.ac||-||Token data for authentication.|
|intercom-id-*||Intercom||cookie||.disco.ac||270 days||Used by Intercom, a tool we use to interact with users and to analyze user traffic on our web site.|
|intercom-session-*||Intercom||cookie||.disco.ac||1 week||Used by Intercom, a tool we use to interact with users and to analyze user traffic on our web site.|
|intercom.intercom-state||Intercom||Local Storage||your-business.disco.ac||-||Used by Intercom, a tool we use to interact with users and to analyze user traffic on our web site.|
|_ga*||Google Analytics||cookie||.disco.ac||2 years||Used by Google Analytics, a tool we use to analyze user traffic on our web site.|
|_gid||Google Analytics||cookie||.disco.ac||24 hours||Used by Google Analytics, a tool we use to analyze user traffic on our web site.|
|_gat*||Google Analytics||cookie||.disco.ac||1 minute||Used by Google Analytics, a tool we use to analyze user traffic on our web site.|
|mp_*||Mixpanel||cookie||.disco.ac||1 year||Used by Mixpanel, a tool we use to analyze user traffic on our web site.|
|disco_businesses||DISCO||cookie||.disco.ac||end of browsing session||Speed up the process of sending something to, or adding something from another DISCO, while you are visiting. Display a list of your businesses when you click on "sign in" on disco.ac|
|disco-*||DISCO||Local Storage||your-business.disco.ac||-||Preserves shortlist state (playlists currently opened for editing) between sessions.|
|awsUploads||DISCO||Local Storage||your-business.disco.ac||-||Data about current/last uploads, used to retry uploads etc.|
|volume||DISCO||Local Storage||your-business.disco.ac||-||Preserve volume level between sessions.|
Online behavioural advertising
Online behavioural advertising is a way of serving advertisements on the websites you visit and making them more relevant to you and your interests.
Shared interests are grouped together based upon previous web browsing activity and web users are then served advertising which matches their shared interests Using this, advertising can be made as relevant and useful as possible. Relevant ads can also be delivered based upon the website content you have just been viewing. This is known as ‘retargeting’.
For more information refer to http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Opting out of behavioural advertising
There are websites which can help you opt out of online behavioural advertising from the third party advertising agencies that operate online behavioural advertising for website publishers. For example: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com
Last updated: 6 June 2022